Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Crafting with Felt



Most of you know I do a lot of applique with felt, I just love it, it is like being able to use crayons on your fabric and make pictures. My etsy shop has lots of traditional applique items but there are lots of other things you can do. I recently made a banner that can be customized to anything you want and can be used in many applications.


I used a double layer of felt and embroidered it with my verbiage and the vine using a simple backstitch.


The beauty of it is that it can then be applied to anything! I chose to put it on a zippie, but it could be put on a handmade card, journal cover, scrapbook page, even a tote. They are easily backed with either cardstock for applying to paper or fusible fabric backing for "iron on". My final product is below.
So there it is ready to stuff with gift cards, a handmade valentine, lip gloss, whatever your little one's super teacher would like.
HAVE A GREAT DAY, JAMIE.

No comments:

Post a Comment