Monday, January 26, 2009

Random Acts of Kindness

Wikipedia defines random acts of kindness as -

A random act of kindness is a purportedly selfless act performed by a person or persons wishing to either assist or cheer up an individual or in some cases even an animal. There will generally be no reason other than to make people smile, or be happier.

I follow phyllismufson on twitter and in one of her posts, she talked about her #kindness party. I clicked on the link http://personaltreasures.blogspot.com/2009/01/wave-of-appreciation-party.html and was interested generally in her blog, the ideas etc. so I subscribed. I let her know I liked it and voila' she posted a link to one of my items and I got a 50 hit bump in views.

It is such and awesome feeling to be the giver or recipient of positive action in our world, especially in the e-commerce, social marketing circle we travel in. Likewise groups like UWIB (see link below) are super supportive to their members with feedback and promotion. I also subscribe to www.dailygood.org . They have a great feature today on 20 keys to happiness. Even Rev Run's Words of Wisdom www.revrun.com gives short positive quotes on living daily. Just reading and passing them on (my kids get a positive quote on their lunch bags daily) makes you have a better outlook on the day.

So while I couldn't attend the #kindness party I'll certainly look for when another will take place. and keep trying to do random acts of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment